Yes, it sometimes is a great way to find end tables, in fact I have gotten two of my end tables from someone else's trash! However, most of people's unwanted furniture, toys, clothes and misc. items goes to our overcrowded landfills.
- Antiques, collectibles
- Appliances (small)
- Bedspreads, blankets, curtains, tablecloths, decorative pillows
- Books, records, tapes, CDs, DVDs
- Clothing, belts, scarves, ties, pocketbooks
- Cookware, dishes, pots and pans
- Games and toys
- House wares and decorative items
- Sporting goods
I recently moved and I took TWO Full car loads over there of stuff to donate. It made my move easier and it felt great knowing that someone else will find use of the items I no longer wish to have/ fit into my new space. So I ask make three piles when moving, donatable, trash and moving and take the time to drop off any item that is donatable.
Photo courtesy of: http://uberfashion.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/moving6pf.jpg