Friday, January 23, 2009

January is Super Hunger Month

If any of you know me, you know I love to eat. I love all sorts of food. Whether it is a dinner I cooked or a delicious dish created from one of my favorite restaurants, I LOVE food.

Unfortunately there are some people who can not afford the high price of food these days and I wish I could do more for them so that they can have healthy food that will give them the nourishment our body requires.

That is why I am super excited that this weekend I can do both. This Saturday and Sunday, join other Bostonians for the Super Hunger Brunch. It will be an exclusive brunch to help end hunger for either $25, $35 or $50. It may seem a bit expensive for brunch but ALL proceeds go to benefit the Greater Boston Food Bank.

In this tough economy it is important to consider that most food pantries have fewer resources and a reduced staff which equals less service to those who need it most! So do good by eating good at your favorite restaurants this Saturday and Sunday. For a list of participating restaurants, click here.

Oh and don't forget to bring a friend!


Picture Courtesy of: http://www.sheratonanchoragehotel.com/hotel/brunch.htm. Okay so it probably won't be like this spread. But it does get you in the mood right?