Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lack of Motivation

Let's face it we've all had those days when your motivation is not there. Perhaps its the bad weather, maybe you haven't had your Starbucks in the morning, but you look at the mound of paperwork on your desk and you don't really care to do it at all. It's Friday, and studies have shown that it is not the most productive day of the workweek.

So what motivates you, Boston, to get on your feet? Is it that poster with the cat that says "Hang in there"? Is it because it's for a good cause? Is it because it's something you're passionate about? Maybe it's because when you're out in the town and someone ask you the proverbial question, "What do you do," you can have an answer. A friend says she does it for the feeling of accomplishment and doesn't like leaving things for later.

Psychology says what drives you to accomplish work goals is the underlying drive to satisfy your basic needs such as hunger, shelter, comfort, etc. In other words you work to live and if you don't work, you don't have the money to pay for shelter, food, etc.

So as I procrastinate more at work... I would like to hear what other people feel inspires them to get up and do something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DEADLINES motivate me.

Or helping someone. I like making my clients happy. I suppose my reason should be to get my clients results... but really my motivation comes from their happiness at the results, not the results themselves.