Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pantless 2k8: Making Boston Smile

According to Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky, approximately 40% of the brain is under our own 'happiness control' (50% is genetics and 10% is situational). By choosing what activities we participate in and how we feel and think, we can influence our own happiness. 40% is a pretty significant amount, and I intend on doing something about it.

This weekend, I chose to help T riders feel a little happiness. Or at least wonder. Or maybe disgust. At the very least, I turned heads and gave them a good story to tell that night over the dinner table. That's right, I dropped my pants and rode the T with 200 other people and about 10 reporters. I know me and my booty are in a few people's digital cameras and cell phones, and on at least one reporter's camera.

Surprisingly, I managed to bump into some people I knew, including one of my little brother's good friends and two Yelpers (Damon I. and Daniel S.). We shared some giggles.

It took some courage to parade around in my 'delicates,' but it was worth it. I contributed to my own 40% of happiness, and hopefully helped some others laugh a little too.

What do you do to make yourself happy, or others? [Ahem - keep it clean.]

I'm in the white jacket with the red purse and red shoes.

No comments: