Monday, March 3, 2008

Put your money where your mouth is

Food is good.

Scratch that. Food is delicious.

I spend many an hour thinking about food: What will I eat next? What haven't I tried? Can I cook that? What's that spice? Where are the best sweet potato french fries?

Needless to say, I spend much more time thinking about food than say, AIDs. However, on March 11, I can think about food and support people with AIDs at the Taste of the South End event from 6 PM - 9:00 PM. Over 40 area restaurants will be offering their delectable delights for you to sample, and there will be an extensive wine tasting.

Food and wine? Damn. I am so there! Oh wait - I'll be in NH skiing, but otherwise, I would be there. Sure, VIP tickets are a hefty $250 bucks, but regular admission is just $95.

Ok, not "just" $95 (that makes it sound trivial to both your pocket and the organization). Tickets are in the form of a generous $95 donation. Proceeds from the event go to AIDs Action Committee, whose mission is to "stop the epidemic by preventing new infections and optimizing the health of those already infected."

Put your money where your mouth is - literally - and come to the Taste of the South End.

Bon Appetit!

Dessert: My raison d'etre!
I'm so fancyyyy, espeaking Fran-ce

Photo courtesy of Alison.Jane

No comments: