Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Rain Did Not Keep Us Down

As I woke up on Saturday morning I heard the rain pouring down outside and was nervous that our Apple Packing & Wine Tasting event would be a wash. Nonetheless I got ready and headed downtown in the rain. It rained on and off while we ate our breakfast, compliments of Starbucks, and then we were off on the bus headed to Nashoba Valley.

Upon arrival at Nashoba we got a tour of the winery there. It was quite informative including why wineries are turning away from the traditional corks. The trees that make up these corks can only be stripped once every nine years which makes it difficult to provide all the corks the wine industry needs. Hence many wineries are changing to either plastic or screw top wine bottles. I think we will be seeing a lot more of this in the next couple of years.

Anyhow afterwards I picked some of the best eveah apples to compliment the wine I just purchased and laid out on the grass to enjoy the scenery and music that was part of the festivities.

It did not rain the entire time at Nashoba Valley either. It allowed all of us there a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and get away from Boston for a little while.

I would also like to thank everyone who showed up on Saturday. I was truly honored to meet people who are willing to attend a fundraiser for a great cause, which involves you to be outside in the rain.

To check out more photos of our adventure, check out Facebook.

No comments: