“As artists we were given a talent to create, it's up to you to use those talents to try and make a difference in the world.”
The buyer can choose where their donation will go from some of the largest and most far-reaching charitable organizations in the world. These groups include:
- American Diabetes Association - diabetes affects an estimated 20 million men, women and children in the United States. Out of each dollar spent by the ADA, 78 cents support research, advocacy and services for people affected by the disease.
- American Cancer Society – invests nearly $3 billion annually in cancer research since 1946. Cancer kills more than a half a million Americans each year, equaling more than 1,500 deaths per day. In the United States, cancer accounts for one of every four deaths.
- UNICEF - or the United Nations Children's Fund, provides humanitarian aid to children and mothers in developing countries. With staff in over 150 countries and territories, UNICEF is the world's leading children's organization. Contributions also support humanitarian support in the Sudan, where a $3 donation can buy a large wool blanket to protect children from the cold during an emergency.
- American Red Cross - provides relief to victims of disasters and provides respond to emergencies. The organization responds to more than 70,000 disasters each year.
- Make-a-Wish Foundation - is the country's largest wish-granting organization for children suffering from life-threatening medical conditions. The foundation has granted almost 150,000 wishes since it was founded in 1980.
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - is the oldest humane organization in the United States. It has worked for over 140 years to eliminate injustices toward animals.
- Children with AIDS Charity – supports children diagnosed with pediatric HIV and AIDS. The group uses donations to fund its three-pronged approach of education, transport assistance and financial support to children and families affected by the disease.
designgive encourages designers who would like to participate in this project to contact them. Each design appearing on the designgive site will feature the artists name as well as a brief "About the Artist" section. To contact designgive check out their contact page.
“Creativity was a gift to you, now is your chance to give something back. Contribute to designgive, and realize your cause for design.”