Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Not me, not now.

Every morning I cross the Salt and Pepper Bridge during my commute. As the train crests over the bridge Boston is revealed. Watching the city bask in the glow of the morning sunrise rejuvenates me. It’s like a shot in the arm filled with optimism, fortitude and hope.

One reason I volunteer to causes higher than myself is because I believe many small actions can have a much larger impact.

Step out of your comfort zone, do something for someone else, pay it forward.

If not you, then who? If not now, then when?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes you, yes now! Not only do you volunteer, John, but you work for a non-profit. I just can't seem to let go of the corporate world... though I perform small actions within the corporate world in an effort to bring some of those non-profit values in.