The mainstream media no longer seems to be showcasing the devastation that is going on in Haiti, but that doesn't mean that the issue has been resolved. Actually far from it, and there are still ways you can help impact the lives of the Haitian Community right here in Boston.
From February 8th -21st several Boston area locations along with FUNTOSALUD International will be collecting donations to help Haiti rebuild. The locations are as follows:
- Super Stop & Shop, 779 MacGrath Highway, Somerville, MA
- Haitian Coalition of Somerville, 268C Rear Powder House Blvd, #17C
- Centro Latino, 267 Broadway, Chelsea, MA 02150
Some of the items they are collecting include:
- First Aid Supplies
- NEW underwear
- Shoes (particularly for children)
- Baby supplies (bottles, diapers, etc)
- New Bed Sheets
- New Towels
- School supplies (Notebooks, pencils, book-bags, etc.)
- Personal Hygiene items
Of course you can still make monetary donations or even volunteer directly for the 2010 Border Health/Mission DR/Haiti from April 17-30, 2010. For more information on how to directly volunteer, email email@example.com.